Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Year 2, Week 24 (Days 529 - 535)



This week I've opted to showcase some of my vintage collection - ties that I acquired after digging through thrift shop donations and vintage retailers in NYC. I'm doing so in celebration of my final week of the current school year. After teaching in the NYC public school system for 13 years the last days of school never seems to lose their appeal. Sure, for some, there are obligatory rituals to observe and ceremonies to attend. Although I personally don't care much for either (What value is there in celebrating the expectation?) I do think it's worth my time, as a professional educator, to reflect on the year's progression and focus on setting some goals for year 14. I look forward to doing that ... next week - perhaps at the beach.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

1000daysofbowties.com reserves the right to withhold or delete any questionable comments.